The VOTD judges panel is extra-ordinary. Unique in that it comprises not just the old guard but the new. The most respected creative thinkers and the brightest young upstarts in moving image, shoulder to shoulder. Together, they and YOU will be voting on all the nominees’ entries, selecting the most outstanding videos and parading them to the world, every day. If you think you have what it takes to be a VOTD judge or would like to nominate someone you think will make the cut, please apply here.
What’s this all about?
VOTD (pronounced VOTED) was conceived as a new way to recognise the talent in moving image content creation, through the launch of the “VIDEO OF THE DAY” award, as voted for by our panel of judges and the wider community. So how does it work?
You make an awesome Video
This can be anything less than 5 min. Everything goes, except for adult content and screaming goats.
Judges vote on your video
It’s getting hot in here! Your work will be simultaneously submitted to our judging panel and the VOTD community for their scores. The judges vote counts for 75% and the great general public’s makes up the remaining 25%. Videos will be judged on 4 criteria: Innovation, Idea, Execution and Design.
The winner is announced
Once your video has been in the nominees for 7 days it’s final score will be collated and pitted against the videos from 30 days previous. If it’s the highest scored video it’ll be automatically scheduled to become Video Of The Day! That’s your cue to drop what you’re doing, announce it to the office, share it on your networks, pop something fizzy and start hi-fiving complete strangers. This is your team’s time to shine.